Wednesday 8 March 2017

The Blossoming Butterfly Introduction.

The Blossoming Butterfly.



Introduction:


I wanted to start up a new blog, talking about the experience of loss in general and going through a miscarriage. I wanted to share how I felt during my miscarriage and how I feel after, I will be answering questions you have, cover topics that others have suggested and generally speaking about miscarriage. I have been open about my loss as I feel better expressing my feelings, this isn't for everyone though and some like to keep things private, we all deal with loss differently and that's okay. Another reason for setting up a new blog and talking about loss is because I feel some may benefit from reading others experiences and it may help them to open up about their loss.


This post is just an introduction page and what you will find on the Blossoming Butterfly Blog.
Firstly, I want to introduce myself for those who may not know who I am or for those who follow me on social media but don't know a lot about me.

My name is Katie, I am currently twenty one years old and I am living in England Suffolk. I first became a mother at just seventeen after I became pregnant at just sixteen. I now have a very healthy, happy, loving, clever, handsome four year old named McKenzie. In 2014, my partner (who I will introduce shortly) and I had another baby boy, who is now two years old. Alfie Colin is a cheeky, beautiful, thriving little toddler. I also run a small shop online, crafting and selling small gifts and treasures for those who have been through loss..  Whether they have lost a parent, a friend, a child or been through a miscarriage. I try to help support those grieving. I set up my own small shop after the loss of my granddad and making unique photos that everyone loved, I have helped many people deal with grieving and now my small shop has bloomed in the past year! I will pop my link to my small shop below so you can have a browse if you wish to. ( I don't want to make my blog posts all about selling to gain customers if that was anyones thoughts! ) Here are a few of my makes though! (Feathers & Treasures)







McKenzie is a very clever little boy who loves writing numbers, singing the alphabet, playing with his friends at preschool and is a daddies boy. He absolutely loves the film Trolls and Moana right now too! McKenzie who we call Kenzie even though he is a daddies boy, he enjoys sitting with his mumma having cuddles and having deep conversations about absolutely anything. I really enjoy the age Kenzie is at now, the mini conversations we have, listening to what he's done at school, what he thinks about life in general and we can learn together. Children at this age are the best, they are completely oblivious as to what happens in the big wide world but their love for everything and anyone is amazing.
Alfie, our youngest little boy is such a cheeky boy and has such a big personality, his favourite right now are dinosaurs and he loves singing along to the Trolls soundtrack with his big brother. Alfie has not long started preschool and since then he has come on absolutely amazing, he has never wanted to leave my side as he is such a mummies boy and if I left him, he would just cry and cry. He did at first cry when I dropped him into preschool but he's now getting used to the fact I AM coming back and he can have lots of fun, make friends and learn all at the same time. You would think that because Alfie has such a big personality, he wouldn't be afraid to leave my side for a few hours a day and would be confident in going places but really, he's a homely boy and loves helping me around the house.
Kenzie and Alfie are two completely different boys but so alike at the same time. Kenzie is a happy, loving, quiet and content boy where as Alfie is the complete opposite. It really does amaze me how I created both boys yet they are so different! I couldn't be more proud to be these two boys mumma, I know their daddy is just as proud too and on that note, I'll now introduce my partner and their daddy!

I have been with my partner John nearly six years now, we met online and many people thought it was such a silly teenage online relationship and that we would never meet up. We actually met up after a few months of talking and dating, it then went from there and then eight months into our relationship, we became parents for the first time! We have been together ever since and neither of us look back.
John is my best friend, I can talk to him about everything and anything, he's there for me when I need him and he makes me feel comfortable with who I am. Sure, we have our ups and downs but what couple doesn't? He's a real pest leaving those cupboard doors open or leaving crumbs on the side but, he is honestly an amazing person, inside and out. John works hard to provide for his family and he makes me proud with the things he does. I always see posts online talking about how their partners are lazy or are just real assh*les and I honestly feel very lucky to have met John and have him in my life.
I am also very lucky and grateful that he is an amazing father to our children, our boys look up to their father already and it makes me burst with pride.



If you have any questions you'd like me to answer in my blog posts, please do share them with me and I will answer those I feel most comfortable answering. I am a pretty open person but of course, some things I would rather not share online.
If you would like me to cover any topics about loss too, please share them with me also.
You can contact me here on my blog.
My Instagram account - @katees__
My Twitter account.- @kaatees_

Also, if you are struggling right now and need to talk to someone, please don't hesitate to contact me. I found talking and sharing experiences really has helped me to "cope" with my loss rather than holding it in. We all deal with loss differently but its okay to open up and share your feelings. People can also learn a lot from hearing your experiences.
I want to help others with their loss, talk to others who have been through the same and listen to others with their different experiences.
I really hope some benefit from reading my blog posts and you enjoy reading too.

No comments:

Post a Comment